Obviously dependent on your itinerary and time of year, but we strongly recommend trying to stick to a carry-on to avoid the craziness that can be the EYW baggage claim.
Things we have:
- dry bags, fanny pack and beach bags
- baseball hats
- basic OTC medications (Tylenol, allergy meds, TUMS, hangover recovery etc)
- soap, shampoo and conditioner
- most types of chargers
- Dyson hair dryer, brushes, curling iron
Things to pack:
- bathing suits and coverups (probably more than you think)
- rash guards/SPF shirts (the sun gets intense, especially out on the water and if you get a sunburn it will ruin the rest of your trip)
- sundresses, shorts, tshirts
- sandals/flip flops
- water shoes/sneakers (ones like these are good multipurpose fast-drying shoes for going straight from the paddleboard to the store)
- sunglasses (though we have extras if you forget)
- deep hair treatment/sun protectant for those with long hair as the salt water and sun can do a number on the tresses. Beth swears by this one.
- hats - remember, the sun can be brutal!
- Buff (especially if you’re sensitive to the sun) - it can cover your face/mouth, act as a headband, keep a baseball hat in place when going fast on a boat, scrunchie… the uses are endless
- SPF lip protectant - we’ve found an actual lip balm works better than any actual multi-purpose sunscreen. And trust me, your lips will burn in the sun, no matter how used to it you are
- remember we have a washer and dryer so you don’t need an extensive wardrobe!
Things to limit:
- dressy clothes/heels – KW is a very casual town, and beachy casual is often as formal as you will need for all but the nicest dinners out.
- heavy makeup, especially in the warmer months – it WILL slide off your face!